Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Hexie Journey

" Everything Flowers"  Quilts from the garden,  by Jean and Valori Wells.  Copyright 1996  page 54  called "Country Garden".  This is a  pattern, I fell in love with so long ago. Now is the time to enjoy the journey.  There are 667 - 1 1/2 inch squares of fabric, the finished size is 18 x 22 inches.  I am elated to have started, long over due. Thank You, to Karen, for doing One Flower Wednesdays or I would still be dreaming not doing.  The picture is from the book and the other picture is some hexies and a quarter to show the size.

                                                                           Blessings  Brook

9 comments:

  1. Oh my God!!! Those hexies are tiny...How can you manage to make them?
    The pattern is gorgeous. I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the patern of your flowergarden ! ! !

    Gr. Hennie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique hexie quilt , can't wait to see yours made, those are very tiny flowers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Now that's something to work towards! Your quilt will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hexies are so tiny. I'd need to upgrade my glasses if I tried making them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun quilt! Wow! Those hexies are small!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous quilt pattern you're following. Can't wait to see your finished quilt. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pattern. Have fun with those tiny hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the flower garden garden...hope you get it done, I know you have wanted to do it for a long time. We send you hugs and kisses.....

    ReplyDelete